2 Jan 2017

New year, new ME?

I’m one of those people who love making resolutions and various lists. I love the beginning of a new year. New list, new resolutions, new options, and a new chance to fulfill them. It’s like you have this new journal and you open it on the first beautifully white page and it calls to you to take pen and write, to mark it with all your thoughts and ideas. That’s hard to resist, am I right? 

And so just like the year before, I’m sitting behind my table and writing these resolutions which I want to accomplish. To be honest, we all know I won’t do it. Though I did try hard this year… or should I say the year before? Anyway, let’s get into it. 

Every year, I participate in Goodreads challenge and this year is no different. I set myself a goal of 60 books because I know I’m able to accomplish it and it gives me space to surpass it. Last year, I reached my goal during summer so eventually I changed it into 100 books. Though I almost didn’t reach it. 

I’d love to get more into reviewing books because I stopped for a while and I really like doing it. Also, talking about blog… I’d love to revived it as well. I know I said this last year as well but things got messy, school was bothering me and I wasn’t in a good place and I just… stopped. This can’t happen again. I bought new blog design to motivate myself and I’m pretty happy about it. 
This year, I’d like to finish my story. Say it again? I think I’ve heard it somewhere. Oh yes, that’s because you already said it last year and didn’t do it. Last months were good and I wrote quite a few chapters but then I had to start working on my diploma thesis and I abandoned my story once again. Hopefully, I will get to it. 

Also, I’d like to read some books about writing because I’d like to know the opinion of other people. Who knows, maybe I’ll discover that my state of writing is perfectly normal and that everybody gets it. Who am I kidding, right? 
These are resolutions that are not connected with books, blog or writing. It’s more about the changes I want to make in my life because I think it’s a good idea. 

Go for a walk more and look around. 

Workout more. A few years back I was in a great condition, I was running regularly and I was working out and it was really great. I felt great. It’s not much about the change in my figure or about losing weight rather than about feeling energized and fit. 

Meditate and do yoga. This is another habit I want to get back to because I used to do joga regularly and again it felt great but I barely bend down now. I’m literally like an old lady, it’s kind of sad. It’s also a workout for my mind because sometimes I’m stressing over nothing and I get anxiety and I need to chill a bit more. 

Bake a cake. I love baking and this year I’d like to get into cakes. It seems easy but I’m sure I’ll be able to mess something up. Hopefully I’ll find someone willing to eat it. 

Find a job. Because I’m finishing my degree this year and I’ll jump into the horrifying see of adulthood. I don’t know what I’m going to do, what my job will be or where I’m going to live and it’s truly terrifying… HELP! 

4 comments :

  1. I don't do New Year's resolutions, just some bookish goals, but your description of the new year does make it hard to resist!

    These sound like great goals :-) I used to read a lot of writing blogs but eventually stopped when I got into book blogging and kinda stopped working on my writing. I definitely recommend Janice Hardy's blog (http://blog.janicehardy.com/)

    Good luck with all of these and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check her blog because I need some advice. Actually, now that I'm looking at it, I think I have it in my bookmarks because it was so informative. Thank you for reminding me of her. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm horrible about sticking to my goals and resolutions, but like you, I often love the idea of them. This year, I'm not doing much more than some reading challenges. I think short-term goals work better for me than long-term.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think short-term goals are much more realistic than long-term goals. Good luck with reading challenges, and thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete